WHAT CAN I OFFER YOU AS YOUR CHP HEALTH COACH?
As your CHP Health Coach, I will walk right beside you every step of the way. I will be there to educate, encourage, share ideas, and keep you accountable all through your wellness journey. We all have stumbling blocks we have to break down, and I will help you walk through the process.
WHAT DO I LIKE BEST ABOUT BEING A SUCCESSFUL HEALTH COACH?
I love meeting and working with people to help them reach their goals. My favorite part is when there is an “ah ha” moment and a person realizes or comprehends something new and is inspired to make a change. It’s so rewarding and even encourages me to make healthier decisions and continue a healthy lifestyle.
- BSED University of Georgia, Health and Physical Education
- Current NETA – CPT, Former NASM – CPT with over 25 years working in the fitness industry as a gym owner, personal trainer, and group fitness instructor.
- I am the mother of 2 adult children
- My sister and I were born on the same day 10 years apart
- I love to water ski, bowl and play basketball
- My guilty pleasure is chocolate chip ice cream
- I love to sing karaoke, but am not very good at it
MY NUTRITION ADVICE
I believe all foods are good for us but must be consumed in moderation. We should be able to enjoy the foods we love but not over consume them and be aware of the calories and the nutrition content of the foods we eat. I love chocolate chip ice cream, but I limit it to special occasions and treat it like a true dessert, not as an everyday food group.
I believe exercise has become way too complicated with so many people on social media, in gyms, or even our friends and family members giving advice. Exercise is about movement and being consistent. Find movements and exercises you like to do and do them every day. Try new fitness programs either at home or in a gym and see what you like. Or find a friend to go walk with you every day. You will never know what you like until you try.