WHAT CAN I OFFER YOU AS YOUR CHP HEALTH COACH?
I want you to be comfortable and feel at ease when we meet. I’m not here to judge. I’ll listen, offer feedback and options, but not overwhelm you with ‘do this’ or ‘don’t do this’. I think it’s important to talk about you and your life, and how it affects your overall diet. I want you to take control of your health. I’m here to support you and guide you through that.
WHAT DO I LIKE BEST ABOUT BEING A SUCCESSFUL HEALTH COACH?
I like watching people succeed and helping them understand it’s the little things that add up to the bigger picture and overall success of their goals. I like teaching others that it’s okay to have a setback; it happens to all of us. You just must keep moving forward and stay focused. I enjoy teaching clients that they are a priority! When they are taking care of themselves, they feel better, have more energy and are more in charge of their bodies and lives. Watching others live a fuller, happier life is what I’m here for.
- Studied Early Childhood Education at Montana State University
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach – Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Certified Yoga Teacher, 200hr RYT
- I’m from Columbus, OH. I moved to Big Sky, MT (a magical place) in my early 20’s and I have been living in Savannah since 2003.
- I met my husband, Tom, in MT and we have been married for 18 years. Our daughter Sadie is 16 and our son Ben is 13. Sadie is a dance major at a performing arts high school and Ben is happiest playing sports 7 days a week. My husband and I feel like Uber drivers most afternoons and evenings.
- We love the outdoors, whether it’s skiing, hiking, fishing or going to the beach, we just want to enjoy the fresh air and be outside.
- We have a 1-year old Bernese Mountain Dog named Boone who weighs 80 lbs. and thinks he’s a lap dog.
- My favorite food is avocado. I eat it almost every day. I love to cook and bake. I think that a delicious home cooked meal can cure almost anything, and I enjoy bringing people together through food.
- I also like to travel and explore new places. I love music, interior design, going to plays, discovering all that Savannah has to offer, and relaxing at a coffee shop.
MY NUTRITION ADVICE
Listen to your body, it will tell you exactly what it needs. Moderation is key, deprivation will make you miserable. Be mindful of what you put into your body and remember, it’s okay to indulge occasionally.
If you can only get in 10 minutes of exercise, do it! A little something is better than nothing and it doesn’t have to be strenuous. Stretching or a short walk will clear your head and energize you. Your health and wellness should be a top priority!