WHAT CAN I OFFER YOU AS YOUR CHP HEALTH COACH?
My passion to help grow the wellness culture of a client and the desire to enjoy a healthier lifestyle of the individual! I have years of experience working with people to make a positive change in their lives. Everyone’s journey is different. I don’t judge!
WHAT DO I LIKE BEST ABOUT BEING A SUCCESSFUL HEALTH COACH?
Being able to help someone achieve a goal that they didn’t think was possible.
- Bachelor of Science from Xavier University
- ACE Certified Bilingual Health Coach
- Weight Management Specialist
- Married with 3 grown children. Raised in WV and have lived in KY, IA, NC, FL and South America. I now call Cincinnati, OH home.
- I have a very lovable 88 lb. rescue lab/boxer named Dusty that expects his 2 daily walks no matter what the weather.
- I am a HUGE NCAA football and basketball enthusiast
- I ran the Boston Marathon
MY NUTRITION ADVICE
If you can’t see the change you are contemplating as something you could still be doing 6 months from now, it’s not going to work in the long run. Pick a change that is realistic.
Decide on your exercise days for the week, each week. If it‘s not at least on your mental calendar, then that “I’ll exercise tomorrow” never happens.
VIRTUAL COACHING IS HERE TO STAY… IN A GOOD WAY!
MY “SHARING” MOMENT
I very rarely was able to see one of my participants who spends all his working hours at a jobsite located quite a distance from the main office. Coming in for coaching was definitely not doable or practical.
It was great the first time we connected virtually with him sitting inside the cab of his truck. We were able to converse just as though he was sitting across from me at table in the office. I could see that he, as mentioned above, felt “more included” in one of the benefits that the company offers.
Our phone calls worked fine before but the face to face interaction is much better. I hope to have him join in our next live, virtual healthy break which he can join with his co-workers that are in the home office.
UNEXPECTED BENEFITS OF VIRTUAL COACHING
- Being able to connect with spouses “face to face”. It may not seem like a big deal but it is, especially if they are new to the program. It is like sitting down and having a cup of coffee and a conversation with someone. You can see them relax right away.
- Participants that are remote, (not working in a company’s main office and often times located out on their own) can feel like they are getting the benefit of coaching to the same extent as those based at the home office. Often times remote workers feel a little isolated and left out of the loop. Virtual coaching helps them to feel more like part of the team.
- Participants that work in an industry where they do not come into the main office on a regular basis no longer need to make that trip to see me face to face. We can connect wherever they are as long as they have cell coverage.